We have to "test the testing tool" (which answers back my first post - yes, the answer is "us, the users") and make sure that, at least, the basic functionalities we had in the past are still in place (yes, regression test applies for QTP too).
And we found a few features to be out of place. Obviously, unfortunately. After all, it's QTP for someone's sake.
- Why's that? - you ask.
- Who knows! It's QTP! - I answer back.
Workaround: very quick way to fix this is by exporting and re-importing the excel
- Right click on the Datatable, choose File --> Export... and then Yes button.
- Save wherever you want in your PC, edit it if required (but don't mess it up!), save, close.
- Now, go back to QTP and right click the Datatable, choose File --> Import From File and choose the file you saved previously.
- Click OK on whatever message QTP shows you.